HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

PAGES

One year older & bigger & better!

Friday, January 1, 2016

Time sneaks by so fast. Like somehow one minute ago we were sitting in the NICU doing skin to skin with our babies as they were hooked to all these high tech machines. We just sat there watching as they breathed, hoping that their oxygen would maintain and they could get their NG tubes removed. Then they left. Months seemed to slow after that and Ben and I learned fast that this parent thing was no joke! These little ladies kicked our hinies into high gear. Change diapers, feed them, rock one to sleep, repeat for the second, and add acid reflux on top of that. BUT BUT BUT, those days are beginning to blur, and now we've arrived to the biggest, BEST age yet!

It was the girl's first birthday on the 23rd! What?! Yes! Yes, a million times YES! We made it to the stage we have been waiting for, and it is even better than we could have imagined. The girls are soooooo playful. Like, they actually laugh with us! They chase each other around all day and bite each other and crawl and try to walk everywhere and I'm just so stinkin' in love! I told Ben on their birthday that this is the happiest I've felt in so long, but wait, each day has progressively just gotten a little bit better! Now I understand how mothers have more babies after newborns. Thank you, blurred mama brain, and thank you father time, for teaching me so many things, for giving me these babies, helping me grow into paths I never imagined possible, and PRAISE the Lord that these pretty little thangs are finally 1!!!!!!!! I'm happy, not sad. Just purely full of happy!

Let's skip to the good stuff. What have these little ladies been up to? I'll tell you:

Arabell! Our belle! She is one happy little booger. If you look at her, she'll look away and give a shy grin. Yes, I produced a shy baby. Ok, Ben did. She is a great eater and rarely complains. She is just sweet and happy and she is the leader of their pack. She climbs to the stairs and sends Everlette right on up to make sure the coast is clear, then she joins. She climbs on Everlette to get up on the fireplace. She steals EV's food, but then holds her hand. MELT! She is also independent though, and can be alone and be just fine. That's from Ben I think. Not to forget, she LOVES her reflection! This thing licks the windows and dishwasher all day, and on road trips recently we've spotted her just staring at herself and smiling to her friend. She's my little puppy and I ADORE her!

Everlette! My pet! This chick is also one happy little thing, but temper much? I think so. She's quite the touchy one and if you're a man, especially an old man, and you're not daddy, then she's like HANDS OFF! Pretty funny. She enjoys climbing on everything she can, and is definitely the chatter box in this family. Yes, I produced a chatty Cathy. Imagine that! Everlette enjoys following Arabell and being by people. She is VERY social. If she catches you staring at her she will do EVERYTHING in her power to make you smile and laugh. She loves attention and heck, she deserves it! She is so sweet and has always likes a good cuddle. MELT! Sometimes she pulls Arabell's soft and long hair, but we're learning no. Even though it's funny sometimes...I'm a good mom. My FAVORITE thing about her is her laugh when she gets tickled! She is VERY ticklish and I love her to pieces!!!

I'm excited for the new adventures 2016 and year 2 will bring. More than anything, I just want to say that I love love LOVE my husband. He is my right and left arm, and I rely on him and his strength for so much. He is so much of my happiness and I know I am the luckies girl in the world to populate this world and conquer it with him! Ok, Happy Birthday girls! And really, it's like Happy Birthday to Ben and I! We all did the dang thing!






































1 comment:

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design