HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

PAGES

It begins...

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It was a rainy autumn morning on November 16. Just another busy Saturday as usual; but never too busy to answer the call of tithing settlement. Off I went in my olive brimmed hat, but never could I have anticipated what lay ahead. I walked into the church building, and saw a strapping young lad, but turned my head, not wanting to gawk to awfully. "You must be Britney Shiflet", he said in a friendly manner. Startled, I said, "yes, I am, are you in our ward?" Silly me. Another foot in the mouth later and I was beginning the most wonderful conversation with the handsome fellow I couldn't take my eyes off. Moments later my name was called and off I went, ending the most pleasant convo that kicked off the start of something, well, just fine and dandy you could say. :)

Sunday, we saw each other again at munch and mingle, and I stared again (at this point it is becoming a problem) telling my friend Brook to look at the guy standing across the room. Arms folded - looking dapper as ever. After sitting at the same table and exchanging a few words, we met again at ward prayer and it was there he finally asked for my email address to get recommendations for a job opening at his place of work. Alas, the love begins!

Emailing back and forth that week lead to one thing, me getting more and more intrigued by this mystery fellow. Finally, the tantalizing ended on Thursday when I went for the gold and asked him to go on a walk. We ended up rain checking it for another night.

Then came the Turkey Bowl, the long awaited game that I figured I could show off my tackling skills, but then in walks Mr. Wonderful and any smack talk I had stored up went out the door. I sort of just watched him. After the game, we spoke a bit and I realized that I really, REALLY liked this guy. Didn't I papa Shif? ;)


We matched! We're both wearing blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design